sexta-feira, 15 de novembro de 2013

Happy Proclamação da República

Happy Proclamação da República (Nacional) guys!

Today is a holiday and that' s always nice, isn' t it?
People here in Recife often travel to some beaches nearby or to Gravata for this weekend. Others decide to stay in Recife and go to the beach here or do something else nice.
I started wondering about holidays people celebrate in other countries and then I wanted to know about the weird and the strange holidays.

Here is what I found:


November, 2013-2014 Bizarre and Unique Holidays

International Drum Month
National Model Railroad Month
National Novel Writing Month
Peanut Butter Lovers Month
Real Jewelry Month
National Sleep Comfort Month

What... A National Peanut butter month???


Here is a text I found when I Googled "Peanut Butter Lovers Month": November is Peanut Butter Lovers Month, time to celebrate our favorite food! Americans will celebrate by eating more than 65 million pounds of peanut butter during the month of November.

Southern Peanut Growers, representing southeastern peanut farmers, started the celebration as Peanut Butter Lovers Day on November 4, 1990. November 4 marks the anniversary of the first patent for peanut butter, applied for by Dr. John Harvey Kellogg on November 4, 1895. It grew to a month-long celebration in 1995 when peanut butter celebrated its 100th birthday!

- See more here 

I'm pretty sure that "Real Jewelry Month" would make me go broke!


I also stumbled upon these Daily Holidays. I found them quite amusing as well!

November, 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

Deviled Egg Day
Sandwich Day
Gunpowder Day
Saxophone Day
Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
Cook Something Bold Day

I love the idea of cooking something bold one day!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário