segunda-feira, 7 de outubro de 2013

New teacher at C.E.O - Kristin



Hello everyone!

I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Kristin Heida Thorisdottir and I come from Iceland, Europe. I worked with Luciano at another English school and couldn´t be happier to be onboard at C.E.O.

I moved here almost 5 years ago after living in California for 5 years where I was studying to become a nurse.
I' ve taught English here in Recife since the beginning of 2009 and I absolutely love it.

I did not know a word in Portuguese when I moved here.. Not even the difference between "Tudo bem" and Tudo bom", so it' s been hard for me to get to really know the culture but after much help from friends and my students and watching TV every day I can manage. This is why I can tell you how important it is to learn the language of the place you are going to either visit, or live in.

It literally makes it easier for you to understand its culture and why and how people behave the way they do. Also it makes it much easier to order food at restaurants haha :)

My country, Iceland, is a very small country with a population of only 300.000 people (someone told me that' s the population of Caruaru!) but everyone there either speaks or understands English. We do not dub movies there on TV and we are very influenced by the western world. This makes it easier for tourists to visit my country because they can communicate with the locals and we make sure to have menus and such in English so that they don' t order one thing and get something disgusting on their plate!

I've already studied 7 languages, either in school or by living in the country. This definitely makes it easier for me to teach because I know how you can learn fast and become secure quickly with the language you' re learning.

I look forward to teaching you and getting to know you better!

Sincerely,
Kristin.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário