sexta-feira, 18 de outubro de 2013

Introducing a new teacher at C.E.O. - Sithan de Silva



Hi there!

Wanted to pop by and introduce myself here on the Blog – my name is Sithan de Silva. Ok right now you are wondering `where is this guy from? - With a name like that!`. And to confuse matters further, my last name is de Silva, and yes its` Portuguese. Give up? Probably a wise choice, since this could take some time. The name and the man originate from Sri Lanka, a small island in the Indian Ocean, but as fate would have it, I moved to Canada at the age of two and through another twist of fate found myself here in the northeast of Brasil.

I have been teaching English since 2007 and coming from a Broadcast Journalism background the transition to the classroom from the studio has been a relatively smooth one. As a former Television Host for the popular underground music show called nujazz chronicles, my approach to teaching has always stemmed from a strong desire to connect to bigger world, before it was through music and now it is through language.

Arriving seven years ago, I had zero knowledge of Portuguese and have had to self-teach my way to a basic grasp of the customs and nuances of the Brasilian Culture and language. Still jumping hurdles with the language, but feel that that gives me a special advantage in that I can relate to the same hurdles that my students encounter.
I am honored to join the CEO team and look forward to meeting all of you in the very near future!

Cheers,
Sithan

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário