quarta-feira, 21 de agosto de 2013

Enemies-in-law

Someone once told me that the quickest way to make enemies is by following the law. Let me explain before you think I'm suggesting that we should all be criminals to have friends.

Suppose you have a client. Suppose your client made a mistake and forgot to pay you for a service. Your company has a rule: after three days, the client will be visited by a third party who's now responsible for receiving the money, with interest and penalties, of course. Suppose this client had paid all his debts regularly, and that he didn't pay a specific one. He didn't pay $100. Now he owes you $130. And this is a client who would come back to work with your company again. Many times.

Question: would you follow the 'law'? Or would you call your client and ask him if he forgot to pay?

My supplier followed the law. Are they wrong? Not really. Am I still their client? Absolutely not.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário